Equitable Access to Education Starts With One.
At Starts With One, we believe that equitable education is the foundation to the achievement of our better society. As a result, The One to One Program for academic enhancement was founded in March 2016 by the executive team of Starts With One and a group of dedicated students at Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School.
With the prevalence of unequal educational opportunities for students in Vancouver, Starts With One noticed that the disparities within our society were only being augmented. One to One aims to give our community’s youth equal opportunities for academic enhancement by providing students with high quality extra curricular service programs at absolutely no cost to their families.
Starts With One is currently assembling a team of highly qualified student instructors aged 16 and above for our 2017-18 program launch. Through Mom to Mom Child Poverty Initiative and various elementary schools, Starts With One will be connecting One to One volunteer instructors with students who are in need of academic enhancement.
Instructors offer lessons in their area of expertise, from academics to fine arts. View our application form HERE for position details and qualifications.
Starts With One hopes that the One to One program will not only empower youth, but impassion them for the rest of their lives.
Apply to Become A One to One Program Leader Today.
British Columbia's first fully subsidized extracurricular services program.
Click HERE for our full application form.
LEARN. SHARE. INSPIRE.
How the Program Works:
1. Prospective One to One Instructors 16 years of age or older will be trained and coached by qualified Starts With One volunteer employees.
2. One to One program leaders will design their own lesson plans, catered to the their matched student, becoming experienced tutors, coaches and/or instructors in their skill set.
3. Students will be matched with One to One program leaders by registering for posted programs in September 2017.
4. All lessons will take place at community tutoring facilities or a designated and supervised public area.
5. All program materials will be subsidized by Starts With One Vancouver.
Stay tuned for the official launch of Starts With One's city-wide One to One Mentorship Program in 2017.